Sunday, January 15, 2017

a few Marleyisms...

I wanted to end up 2016 with just a few quotes and "Marleyisms" that Marley graced us with this year...enjoy!

Marley: "mom fast forward the tv"
Me: "I can't Marley...this show doesn't fast forward."
Marley: "well that's terrible! Looks like we need a new tv!"
Kid these days...

Me: "Marley your pants are on backwards."
Marley: "I know, but I can't reach my pockets the other way."

Marley-isms...
Bellygum=bubblegum

Marley just said, "look mom. This is how Jesus wears his shirt!"

I love that whenever Marley "performs" or sings she calls herself "The Sensation"!

"I don't need dance class. I already know how to do it!"

After Marley got through "Stylin'" her hair she showed us by spinning around and saying, "Bam!"

I love when Marley, very seriously, says, "Mom, I need to talk to you about something." (This happens at least once a day.)
Tonight's: "I really need you to stop turning off my lamp when I fall asleep."

As you can imagine, this all went down very dramatically...
Marley: "My stomachs saying it's very hungry!"
Me: "What does your stomach want?"
Marley: "I don't know. I guess something amazing."

Another classic conversation with Marley at dinner recently....
Adam: Marley I think you need to apologize to mommy for being mean earlier.
(Marley picks up a chip and puts it in her mouth.)
Marley: I can't talk with food in my mouth.

Me: Marley you need to go potty before you go to bed.
Marley: ugh! You make too many rules!!!!

Marley is convinced Adam is flying us to "see Jesus"...I don't know how to tell her I have a few things I want to do still before I "fly to Jesus"!

Marley: "Mom turn that fan off right now because my little boobies are about to blow away, and if they blow away I won't have any anymore!!"

Marley: "Mom turn that fan off right now because my little boobies are about to blow away, and if they blow away I won't have any anymore!!"

Marley playing with her duplo blocks...
Marley: Look at my castle! It has a flat tire...
Me: What?
Marley: Yeah, I need to get my pink jack and lift it up to fix it.

Marley: "God made the rain."
Me: "you're right!"
Marley: "and he put the noses on our faces."

"Look at me! I'm funny!"

Me: Marley I think you're terrible twos!
Marley: well you're terrible 5!

We've never cut the crust off Marley's bread and it's never been an issue until tonight...
Marley: "will you cut this off?"
Me: "no it's good just eat it."
Marley: "daddy cut this off."
Adam: "no Marley just eat it."
A few minutes later as she's pulling the crust off...
Me: "Marley what are you doing?"
Marley: "Sammy said she wants it."

Me: "Marley you're so beautiful."
Marley: "I know. I'm beautiful because I'm a princess."

I'm all about expanding my 2 year old's vocabulary. I taught her the word gaudy and she uses it correctly! We were in a jewelry store and Marley walks to a display and starts hollering, "those earrings are gaudy!" I was so proud that she used the word correctly I didn't even mind the ugly looks from others!

Me: Marley do you want to go take a bath?
Marley: no thanks, I'm busy right now.

So Marley wore pajama pants to bed with dogs on them. She told me they were bad all night. I asked what they did and she said, "they pooped all over my pants!" This kid kills me....

Adam: Marley you would argue with wall wouldn't you?
Marley: No I wouldn't! I would argue with a couch!

Marley was playing with her cards this morning and started hollering, "mommy look! It's a crackhead! It's a crackhead!" I went over and found a "cricket"...Bahahahaha!

My child just hollered, "bye Felicia!"...that's all…

My 2 year old just hollered, "I need hot sauce!" when I gave her quesadillas for lunch…

My 2 year old just hollered, "I need hot sauce!" when I gave her quesadillas for lunch…

While playing in the front yard a plane flew over and Marley said, "hurry! Look! See daddy?!"

Just a little toddler interpretations tonight...
1. Snow White = Snow Wipe
2. Macaroni = Macamoni

My daughter told me to "be patient!" this morning....hmmm wonder where she got that?!

Marley just told us, "I go to church and obey God." I love her…

Swim lessons were a success! She screamed, "I'm a mermaid!" The whole time!




No comments:

Post a Comment